My version of Crockpot Balsamic Chicken with Raisins is sweet and tangy with a huge kick of herbs! If you do not like a strong herb taste, reduce the quantity of herbs to 1/2 or 3/4 teaspoons. If there is an herb that you do not like, leave it out entirely. Use my recipe as a guide and adjust the measurements to your taste. Also, I think this would be FANTASTIC with fresh herbs! Per Martha Stewart, one teaspoon of dry herbs is equal to one tablespoon of fresh herbs. So, basically, play with this recipe and make it your own!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the chicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients over the chicken and herbs.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- After the chicken is cooked, shred with two forks. Let the shredded chicken sit for 10 to 15 minutes in order to absorb some of the liquid.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Let cool a bit and enjoy!