Ditch the Wheat: 120 Paleo Recipes for a Gluten-Free Lifestyle is the gorgeous new cookbook from Carol Lovett, who has the popular blog of the same name, Ditch the Wheat. In her new cookbook, Ditch the Wheat, Carol offers over 120 Paleo-friendly, gluten-free recipes that are perfect for those who are longtime followers as well as those who are new to the Paleo, gluten-free lifestyle.
Just one of the reasons that I love Ditch the Wheat is that the recipes have easy to find ingredients that can be purchased at your local grocery store. Of course, the main reason that I love Ditch the Wheat and recommend it to anyone who follows a Paleo, gluten-free lifestyle is because the recipes are delicious (as well as easy to make, which is a huge bonus for me). As Carol proves with Ditch the Wheat, you do not have to sacrifice your favorite foods in order to follow a Paleo, gluten-free lifestyle. Yes, you can have cake (birthday cake as well as chocolate cake), and eat it, too!
Recipes in Ditch the Wheat Cookbook
Here are just a few of the 120 delicious, grain-free recipes in Ditch the Wheat. Also, Carol has labelled her recipes that egg-free, dairy-free, or nut-free in order to help you to easily avoid these common allergens.
- Maple Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Garlic Dill Pickles
- Paleo Bread
- Sandwich Buns
- Meat French Toast (Click here for recipe)
- Grain-Free Waffles
- Sweet Potato Nacho Dip
- Dairy-Free Shrimp Bisque
- Salted Mexican Chocolate Clusters
- Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
- Cilantro Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings (Click here for recipe)
- Smoky Pineapple Pulled Pork
- Mango Prosciutto Grain-Free Pizza
- Grain-Free Lasagna
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower with Bacon and Green Onions
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Buns
- Chocolate Truffle Custard with Salted Cashew Crust
- …and many more!
Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Ditch the Wheat Cookbook
I bet you cannot stop at just one of these dairy free chocolate chip cookies. They are utterly irresistible. They are sweet but not too sweet; crisp on the outside but soft on the inside. Like all great chocolate chip cookies, these taste fantastic fresh out of the oven.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Use a spatula to stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using two soup spoons or a small cookie scoop, drop the dough in roughly 1-inch portions onto the prepared cookie sheets, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms and edges of the cookies are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when gently touched. Let cool on the cookie sheets for at least 1 minute, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or freeze.
Yield: 16 cookies Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes